Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a kohler 7.3 generator on a 2002 silverton I replaced

Customer Question

I have a kohler 7.3 generator on a 2002 silverton I replaced the impeller last year after purchasing the boat it ran for around 5 may 6 hours last summer I cranked it up last weekend it ran for maybe a hour shut so I checked it today one fin was missing from the impeller so I changed the impeller now I cant seam to get the impeller to prime any suggestion would be great thanks for your time
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

How is your water pump inlet hose plumbed in the boat? On most installations the hose plumbs to a sea strainer, and then from the strainer over ot a through hull fitting. How is yours set up?