RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Yamaha Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Serv Mgr, G/M
10825618

Hey Jeremy. . I have a yamaha xl760 that will crank but will

Customer Question

Hey Jeremy. . I have a yamaha xl760 that will crank but will not start. I've gotten in started before by putting fuel on bottom of spark plugs. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also. Once I get it running, it will run all day just fine. It's happens usually after sitting for a week. Right now I've had no success of getting it started again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should the fuel filter be filling up while cranking?
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.
This was a symptom that some of the 760's had. The problem is the needle valves get stuck in the seats after sitting for awhile and will not let the fuel flow.
The best option is to drop to the next lower tension spring for your float arm. While you are in there, it would also be a good idea to inspect the tip of your needles to make sure there is not a wear ring around them. To perform this inspection, you will need a magnifying glass because the ring can be very small. If you see any evidence of a ring forming, replace the needle and seat too. The ring just exasperates the problem.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks Customer