Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 2007 Yamaha has 190 hours on it. When I took the boat out

Customer Question

my 2007 Yamaha has 190 hours on it. When I took the boat out today it idled fine however when given throttle it bogs down and won't accelerate past 4200 rpms. I hadn't used it for a few months but it has sat longer than that in the past and run fine afterwards. I checked the plugs and they look fine. It seems to run rough around 3200-3500 rpms. Any idea what I should check? I replaced all the filters in November.
Thank you
Mark
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hey Mark, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Is any portion of the gas in the tank older than 3 months? And is the gas in the tank E10 ethanol gas, or is it ethanol free marine gas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's ethanol gas in the tank, and yes, older than 3 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.