TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

I have a Honda Aquatrax turbo and the battery has gone dead.

Customer Question

I have a Honda Aquatrax turbo and the battery has gone dead. I fully charged the battery and when I tried to crank it nothing turned on. The display does nothing. Im not sure since the battery died if the on board computer or fuse might be a problem.
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
First thing to check is the fuses. Here is a link to a parts diagram for reference: http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hondapwc&a=8&b=40&c=0&d=-ELECTRICAL---WIRE-HARNESS-(FRAME)This is located over the jet pump housing behind the engine, to the right of the battery and next to the housing for the starter relay. Check all of the individual fuses using a test light on both sides of the fuse to verify battery power. If good the next most likely problem is the main relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when checking the fuses are there only the 3 fuses that are in the diagram you have sent me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked the fuses. 2 of the fuses light up when tested. The other show nothing. I did replace them and still nothing. The display is not lighting up either. The previous owner told me that the battery had died on them once and it had to be taken to a dealership due to the computer. Have you ever head of that kind of problem and is it anything that can be fixed without going to a dealership.

Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.

There are a total of 5 fuses in the fuse box. These are the only fuses in the system. The fuses are labled A thru F and there should be a sticker on the inside of the fuse box cover that identifies them . Fuse E is the one for the meter display so I am assuming that this is one of the two that has no power. The next step would be to remove the fuse holder and closely inspect the individual connectors that each fuse plugs into for any sign of corrosion and to look at the backside of the box where the wires go into it for any broken wires. If good try running a jumper wire from the main 30 amp fuse to the to the meter/igniton 5 amp fuse and see if the meter display comes on. Let me know the results.