Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I took my 2007 Regal 2000 BR with a 4.3 Volvo Penta out last

Customer Question

I took my 2007 Regal 2000 BR with a 4.3 Volvo Penta out last weekend. When I pulled the drain plug I noticed that there was a red oil draining out along with the water.
While I was on the boat the trim was not very responsive. I believe the oil is coming from one of the components of the trim line. Where should I look first to identify the problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
There are a number of things that could have happened. It could have blown a trim line, the plastic reservoir could be cracked. A trim line just might be loose and leaking at the threads. Really what you need to do is look at the trim pump, and then have a helper hit both trim up and trim down while you look for leaks. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the trim reservoir located on the engine?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It's not on the engine, it would be mounted to the trim pump itself, which would be mounted towards the rear of the boat, it can be on either side of the engine. Click this link below, it should look very similar to this. And it will have 2 hoses that come out of the front.
http://www.marineengineparts.com/volvo-penta-3587079-power-trim-pump-complete-assembly.html
Did you have any further questions on this that I could answer for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. You have been very helpful.
Thanks.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome and I was glad I could help.
Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you can not see the ratings box, please reply back "I rate Jasons service as _______" and fill the blank with whatever you deem most appropriate. Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. Tips are always greatly appreciated.
If I do not hear back from you I thank you in advance and good luck!
Jason