Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1995 Yamaha wave venture 700. The symptom I have is the ski will run very well fo

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Yamaha wave venture 700. The symptom I have is the ski will run very well for about 30 minutes, then it will bog down. Last summer I had carbs and fuel lines and filters done and it still did not fix the problem. The shop I use then water tested it and could not emulate the symptom. I suspect they didn't keep it in the water long enough. I've done some research and I found that the rev limiter may be the problem. What say you? If not rev limiter, then what? I need a solid answer so I have some ammo to address the issue with the shop I had the work done in.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.
I would like some additional information.
First, once it bogs down, how long does it last? If it sits for a few minutes does it run again or are you done for the day after 30 minutes because it won't run right?
Do you do anything to the ski to get it running right again after it bogs down?
Is the ski and engine stock?
Let me know.
Thanks Customer