Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1995 mercury 75hp outboard ELPT sn# ***** I am

Customer Question

I have a 1995 mercury 75hp outboard ELPT sn# ***** I am attempting to convert it from remote steering to tiller steering. I have ordered the 12022A40 tiller handle kit and have made all the physical and electrical connections to the motor. PROBLEM....shift controls and neutral start are working properly but the throttle cable seems to be too long. As per the instructions I am to turn the throttle to shift/idle which extends the throttle cable assembly to its longest length, this does not allow me to place the throttle assembly on the stud that is sitting on the idle stop.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
How far are you away from the stop when hooked up?