Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a pair of newly rebuilt tamd41a's. The port engine is

Customer Question

I have a pair of newly rebuilt tamd41a's. The port engine is running low oil pressure at idle, after the engine has been ran for 30 minutes or so at 15-18 hundred rpm. It is going as low as 12psi when the engine is good and warm, at 650rpm (I've connected a manual gauge near the engine) I just replaced the Check valves and springs near the oil filter hoping that would fix it, but no luck. I also noticed this engine run a a bit higher oil pressure than my starb. When cool at 1500rpm, 78psi. Filter and oil are new. Is there an adjustment perhaps on this engines oil pump, or do you have any idea on what my be causing this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Was this engine rebuilt by yourself, or was it done at either a Volvo or specialty diesel remanufacturing facility?
What range of oil pressure are you seeing from this engine, and at what rpm?