Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I Just purchased A 2015 Verado 200 it is on a striper 20' WA

Customer Question

I Just purchased A 2015 Verado 200 it is on a striper 20' WA I had read some test reviews on 27' WA and they are getting 40 to 45 mph. I cant even get 30 mph. out of it any thoughts ??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
A 200 Verado on a 20 footer should do closer to 50 if you are running a good propeller. 2 questions back to you. What kind of RPMS are you hitting with the boat at full speed. And how are you taking your speed reading, GPS or a boat speedometer?
Also, have you spoken with the dealer that sold you this yet, or are we your first stop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is DanI have not spoken to the dealer yetI did not get the RPMS And boat speed is from boat speedometer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The prop is stock
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hey Dan,
Boat speedometers are notoriously not accurate, the only speed that matters is GPS speed, which is accurate. After that, I would need to know a full throttle rpm in order to be of any help to you. Is this something you want to double check and get back to me on, or what you like to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes possibly I will be going out this weekend. I am getting vibrations and weird noises will be doing some test runs and marking down the results thank you much for your time. how do I get back to you?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Each time I reply the website send you an email letting you know I replied. You can follow the links in those emails to get back to the website. You do have to reply back through the website, while you are logged into the website. If you hit "reply" to an email in your own email service I will not receive those.
--Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks much
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You bet.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking in. Any luck?