Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Jason, I have a Chaparral H220 with a Volvo penta 5.0 gxi.

Customer Question

Hi Jason, I have a Chaparral H220 with a Volvo penta 5.0 gxi. Starts perfect when it's cold. However, starting it after it's been warmed up and then turned off for perhaps a 1/2 hour and it's difficult to start. Cranks fine as I have a new battery. Typically takes between 6 and 12 times for the engine to start in these circumstances. Any ideas? Engine has 50 hours on it.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, Jason here, whom am I speaking with?
The engine is either vapor locking, or the injectors are leaking causing the engine to flood. On these engine it is pretty typical to have injector leakage. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge and do you thing you can take a fuel pressure reading?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, it looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to reply back as I did not receive one.