Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Mercury 300hp on 37boston whaler 3 engines need power lock

Customer Question

Mercury 300hp on 37boston whaler 3 engines need power lock to hold motors in high position
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
I don't quite understand your question. Are the engines leaking down after you tilt them all the way up?
Do you have the serial number on one of the engines?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two motors are leaking down no the motors are at the marina a phone number may be more valuable
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Have the outboards hit the bottom that you know of? The boat will obviously have to go to the dealer in order for the problem to get fixed.. What kinds of questions did you have about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in australia if I could get phone number it may be more helpful for me
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Whose phone number are you looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your number if you can recommend a power lock for the lock as the motors are to cowered to lock manually I have exhausted the mercuary service warranty regarding this problem
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Everything we do is web based and we do not work over the phones.
What do you mean by a "Power lock"? Do you need something to hold the outboard up for trailering?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I need a power lock my name gordon I have two whalers in different states and only one set of motors have this ptoblem
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gordon. Has anybody at mercury or otherwise talked with you about the trailering clip? This is a large plastic clip, and how it works is you trim it all the way up, and then the clip snaps in place on the trim ram for trailering. Has anybody talked with you about that?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gordon I have to run out for a bit and I will be back in about an hour. I think we have a terminology difference. What I need to know is what you mean by the words "Power Lock". And if you are looking for something to support the weight of the outboard when trailering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason is this clip a automated clip to snap in as the boat is in a seapen when themotor leak down they push the pen under water the clip wouldhaveto be automated to holds as we'll as well as release hope you can solve the problem on available power operation of the holdup clips thanksgordon
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gordon, there are snap in clips that are made but they are not automatic. You would have to pull them in and out. There is nothing that exists that is automatic.