Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

What year model and hp lower units will interchange with a

Customer Question

What year model and hp lower units will interchange with a c85trlq 1992 85hp Yamaha?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. That lower unit was only used on 2 models which I have listed below. Did you have any other questions on this or was that your primary question?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I was hoping you would reply back but it looks like you read my reply and logged off. I do want to make sure you are happy with the service I am providing to you before you go. Did you have any other questions on the engine or do you think that covers it? --Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem I'm having is it makes a grinding noise when you start shifting in to reverse. Then goes away till you go to shift it Bach to N. Then sit and grinds til you bump it to forward gear. Then back to N.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Shifting to slow will cause the grinding, as well as an idle rpm that is to high. When you shift this, are you pushing the shifter slowely, or are you pushing it quick in 1 firm motion?