Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a searay with a 6.2 inboard the freeze plug on port

Customer Question

I have a searay with a 6.2 inboard the freeze plug on port engine appears to be out. Ican't tell for sure because it is leaking at the mid engine mount. how do I get to the plug and how difficult is it going to be to fix it?pat
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a way of knowing its not a cracked block
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pat. My name is ***** ***** sure it is a freeze plug? There is a drain plug in about that same location. Can you feel around to see if the drain plug is the possible issue? Could I get the engine serial number please?Usually when the engine blocks cracks there is water in the engine oil.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tan, could not find or feel drain plug. no water in oil. When I ran the engine the water filled the bilge very fast. this was the first time I put in the water for the summer. Had a bilge heater on all winter. Serial number OW392558 Also all hoses appear to be ok. pat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pat. How accessible is this location? If you can get down in the area of the leak use a mirror and see if you can see a freeze plug popped out or a possible crack. If not what your going to have to do is remove the manifold and riser to inspect where the issue could be. Which side of the engine is this leak? With the engine running have you felt around trying tpo locate the leak?