Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Jason, I have a Sea Ray 96 215 Express 50 gal tank 5.7;

Customer Question

Hi Jason,
I have a Sea Ray 96 215 Express 50 gal tank 5.7; does the fuel pickup in the gas tank have a screen that can clog via tank sediment or forien object??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
On the actual tank, no. But on most models there is what they call an antisiphon valve. If you look at where the fuel line connects to the tank. On those nipples sometimes there is a check valve inside of them. And they do clog up.
Did you have any other questions about this or was your primary concern about a possible screen in the tank? -Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When this spuddering happens it will not accelerate.. I can open the fuel cap & nothing improves.to confirm; there is no screen that can clog up on the intake fuel pickup with-in the tank?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I think part of your question got cut off. I don't see anything about sputter. All I see is, and I will quote what I see "
I have a Sea Ray 96 215 Express 50 gal tank 5.7; does the fuel pickup in the gas tank have a screen that can clog via tank sediment or forien object?? "
Whats going on with this sputtering? Can you describe the best you can what exactly the engine is doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind....
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Did you want to call it quits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to continue & please do not charge my card anything more then $5.00 or I'll contest it..