Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 1991 sea doo gt and it dies after the motor gets

Customer Question

I have a 1991 sea doo gt and it dies after the motor gets hot
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
This can be due to various reasons, It would also help to know when it dies will it start again or must you wait, or at that point will it even crank over because if not it could be seizing. If it dies and will crank but not start then check spark, this is the first place to start as this could be a failing coil and one symptom is no spark when engine up to temp/coil hot etc. Would also want to check that the temp sensor is working correctly since you refer to it as getting hot.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.