Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 97 stx 1100. it will run great seconds [full

Customer Question

i have a 97 stx 1100. it will run great for 30 seconds [full throttle] then almost die. i pump the throttle and after about a minute it will take off again and run great for 30 sec
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will somebody respond. Its been 29 hours
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.
The 2 highest probability problems that fit your description are either fuel starvation or mechanical issues.
The first thing we need to establish is that it is not a mechanical issue.
Have you done a compression test and if so, what do you have for compression on all 3 cylinders? If you haven't done a compression test yet, you need to do one right away before you do anything else. Diving into the fuel system will be a waste of your time if you have a mechanical problem.
Let me know where you are at in the diagnostic process and we can go from there.
Thanks Customer