Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Jason at the back of my yamaha60 hp injection out board

Customer Question

Hi Jason at the back of my yamaha60 hp injection out board when I run it there is petrol comeing out fro a small box were the pipes from the fuel filter go
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Can I get the model number on the engine please. Also, can you be more specific by what you mean by this small box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine number is ***** the box has three pipes two out and 1 in
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what that number is ***** I would need the actual model number. If it is a 2 stroke it will start with 60. If it is a 4 stroke it will start with F60
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f60 aetl 69w1006665 potencia44.10 59.98
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Got it.
Click this link to pull up a parts diagram. is this what is leaking on you?
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/F60TLR/FUEL%20INJECTION%20PUMP%201/parts.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not taken the cover off there is a number on the cover 3016 and it is next to the oil filler 2 rubber pipes in and 1 out
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** the VST tank is over flowing or leaking fuel it is one of 2 things a bad connection leaking or the inlet needle # ***** is stuck open allowing the VST to over flow. Check all the connections if none are leaking then the needle valve is the problem. Remove the top to the VST and replace the needle valve # *****://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/F60TLR/FUEL%20INJECTION%20PUMP%201/parts.htmlDoes this make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet as I have not taken the cover off yet its 9.30 pm here so it will have to be tomorrow
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok post back when you get the chance to do the checks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks