Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I HAVE A 2002 SEADOO GTI & ITS GOING INTO MAINTENANCE WARNING

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2002 SEADOO GTI & ITS GOING INTO MAINTENANCE WARNING LOW 12 V. I SEE OTHERS HAVE THIS PROBLEM AS WELL. IS THEIR A FIX?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
12v low indicates the charging system is incorrect on voltage, this can mean a bad battery, connections/wiring/grounds/cables etc, or charging system not putting out the required voltage of around 14vdc while engine running. First test is starting the engine and a voltmeter set to dc voltage on the battery should read around 14vdc, below 13 indicates a problem, below 12.6 it will start to drain the battery. Check all above items including the ground cable at both ends, the cables themselves can also go bad and require replacement, water can get in the front cover and ruin the stator as well as it failing without that. Stator tests I can provide after the above checks.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.