Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have 1999 sprint 296 w mercury 200 efi.... getting 2 alarms...beeping

Customer Question

Have 1999 sprint 296 w mercury 200 efi.... getting 2 alarms...beeping one all time then solid alarm after 5-10mins at throttle....also boat starts hopping very very bad after running a min or 2 at plane...it almost comes completely out of the water.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one min my name is ***** ***** is 06741540 1998 Mercury 200EFI
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Can you be more specific about the boat hopping? Is it porpoising?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I talked to man I bought it off of...he said I wasnttrimmimg up enough..told me how to do it to get it corrected so the alarms are the only issue now
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hopping in and out of the water would be trimming up to far. Just the opposite. If you fully trim in/down does the boat still hop? More importantly, will the alarm stop if you fully trim down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes ...he said have to get it on pad..said want it trimmed up to right before rooster tail starts.....has a 25 pitch 13x25 prop w motor on jackplate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 blade stainless
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** second expert to your question.
Is the beeping alarm a rapid beep, then becomes a solid tone after a few minutes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when can I expect a reply from yall...im getting frustrated with this nonsense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,
I was at the shop all day. Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have a multimeter....i am an electrician by trade with 20yrs exp....
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Ok,
locate the oil pump alarm module. Find the white wire, unplug it, turn the key on and test the power coming from the module. It should read at least 12.
Turn the key off and reconnect the white. Probe into the blue/white with it still connected. Turn the key on. Using a15/16" socket, slowly turn the motor over using the flywheel nut. The meter should go from about 0 to 5V and then back down to about 0 with in 2 revolutions of the flywheel.
Does yours do this.
I also submitted the phone offer that you requested.