Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I'm looking 1996 Wellcraft 26 Scarab port and starboard

Customer Question

I'm looking for a 1996 Wellcraft 26 Scarab port and starboard air vents.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Air vents are going to be stock off the shelf parts, nothing proprietary to Wellcraft specifically. If you can take a couple of pictures of your vents as well as some measurements on them I will take a look and see if I can find something for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The measurements are Length 62" x Width 7" 3/8.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ohhhh.... That is not what I was thinking. Those are going to be custom parts. You will have to have those made (or something just like them) at a shop that specializes in fiberglass repair. Wellcraft only made a enough spares to cover warranty issue back when the boat was made, and that was it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that your best answer? I was really hoping for more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know of someone that has mode for them.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'm not asking you to pay me or rate me because I know I would just get a bad rating anyways. So I am telling you that this as more of a gift from me to you. You will not find those panels new anyplace. They will have to be custom made for you. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but it is 100% correct.
I will opt out. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thank you for the gift I really appreciate that. Thank you for helping me. :-) I understand that this item may not be purchase for the dealer. I was hoping you would be able to find them for a third party re-seller. I also understand that I may have to get it refabricated or repair what I have.Thank you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. And I do apologize for saying at first they were off the shelf parts. Before I saw your picture in my mind I was thinking you had black louvered style vents, which are universal. (i'm sure you know what i'm talking about with those)
With that panel you have there, I can't see it but there might be enough of it to actually repair it. If not, A mold can be made using that existing panel, it's just a lot of work to do it. What you have to keep in mind with these boats and boat body parts is in any given year they might make 10 or 20 thousand of the hulls and that's it. The boat hulls are not like a Toyota or Honda where millions of them get made every year. Boats are made in small batches. For that panel you are going to have to either repair what you got, make a mold and copy it, or come up with some other kind of custom made cover for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's going to be a challenge to get it replaced/repaired I have the vent at a fiberglass shop, but they cannot guarantee me quality work because the current part is made of plastic not fiberglass. They suggest to find a replacement. :-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jason: I was just charged. Can you please reverse the charge or apply a credit. Thanks.