Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

1989 searay 180 br Should there be a drain from the front of

Customer Question

1989 searay 180 br Should there be a drain from the front of the boat? There is a small area in the very front where I keep an anchor. Looking in the ski locker there appears to be a robe going to this area, but it doeny appear to come out the other side?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you. Rope lockers in the front drain to the outside most of the time. If you look at the bow of the boat on the outside in the rope locker area do you see a small hole? If no hole then there will be one in the very bottom of the locker that is possible clogged with debris. Is the locker not draining?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've attached an image to make sure we are talking about the same area.
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is the same area. If you don't have a drain just drill a hole from the inside of the locker to the out side. Usually a 3/8 diameter is fine.