Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have yamaha 70 Hp Outboard and after getting some water

Customer Question

Hi, I have yamaha 70 Hp Outboard and after getting some water in fuel have drained tank and lines to the carburettor.
Have put some fuel in cylinders through plug hole to fire it, it runs on that plug fuel for a bit , but still wont pick up new fuel from filter bowl, even though plenty pressure in pump bulb on fuel line and in see through fuel filter cannister before carby. Any ideas how to get fuel pumping through again from tank?? Would it be a bleed air out thing maybe?? Pete
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Normally the problem you are describing is due to the needles in the carb being stuck most probably due to water ingestion. What i suggest you do is to remove the carbs and get them a good clean / rebuilt. To do this you would need to remove them from the engine and open their bowls. Soak the parts in carb cleaner and blow them using compressed air. Reassemble everything and it should go. While you are there remove also the fuel filter in the engine and clean it as well.
If you need further assistance let me know.
Noel
Did you solve the problem, do you require further assistance?
Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All good know thanks
Perfect, if you need further assistance let m know. Kindly rate my service.
Noel