Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Got water in fuel over winter removed water but cn only get

Customer Question

got water in fuel over winter removed water but cn only get it to run about 2seconds at a time
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** whom am I speaking with?
Chances are the carbs are going to need to be pulled and rebuilt, when water get in them it will not come out through running. That being said. Have you run the engine off of a portable fuel tank filled with brand new gas? Will it stay running if you get some starting fluid and keep on shooting the starting fluid down the throat of the carbs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haave not tried that it sometimes run 5 seconds smoothly then stop roger
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
There is going to be water still in the tank, or carbs, or both. Running it off the portable tank as well as running it on starting fluid will just prove the fact. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason suprised you didnt ask if it was fuel injected ,it is !!
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will have water init also. This needs to be drained then you have to be sure the tank doesn't have anymore water left in the tank. Now could I get the engine serial number please?