TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

I have a 2004 Honda Aquatrax R12x Turbo that can run fine for

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda Aquatrax R12x Turbo that can run fine for an hour or so, but when I let it set for a few minutes after running it a warning beep comes on and it will not run past idle. Please not, it ran great, without any problems until my brother-in-law changed the oil. The problem started the first time I ran it after the oil change. He thinks it needs a new computer, what do you think?
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
The first thing to check is to see if the oil is over filled. When changing the oil on these you have to evacuate all of the oil from two different locations. One is the main oil tank with the dipstick the other is at the rear of the engine at the crankcase oil inspection cap. Usually people do know about the second one and that results in over filling the engine. Check the oil level by letting the engine idle for at least five minutes on the flush hose then leave it set for several minutes before checking the level in the front oil tank with the dipstick. If above the top line on the dipstick evacuate the excess then repeat the procedure until the oil level between the upper and lower level of the dipstick.Let me know if you need any further assistance this.