Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Water got inside the engine of my Honda jet ski it starts up but the oil is foamy

Customer Question

Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Oil can get foamy 2 ways, air mixing quickly with the oil (not very likely) or water intrusion, water is easy to spot in oil because after engine has ran and oil checked right away the oil will look exactly like a chocolate shake. This would also usually be followed by the oil level being too high depending how much water got in. This means the system needs to be drained and oil and filter changed, run the pwc on the water then drain again changing filter a 2nd time. You want to get all water out of the system. You do need an oil drain/changer extractor to preform this task. If you do not have one you need one and or get the pwc quickly to someone that can change the oil as you do not want the water staying in the engine. Depending on exact model and engine there can be specific instructions for a water logged engine and removing the water.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.