Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 1986 Volvo penta AQ 145b engine that is overheating.

Customer Question

I have a 1986 Volvo penta AQ 145b engine that is overheating. What should I try?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. The first place to start is to replace the water pump impeller and any worn parts in the pump. From there we have to see what the engine does.. Here is a link to the impeller kit. http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=SIE18-3075
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will try it.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. Thank you........Tan Post back if you still ahev an over heat issue and we can continue on. The question stays open even after rating positively so we can continue if you need further assistance. Thank you......Tan