Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I need to rewire a gauge that i had rebuilt bc they are discontinued.

Customer Question

i need to rewire a gauge that i had rebuilt bc they are discontinued. the shop labeled one wire. the rest i have to guess
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you.The wiring on the gauge goes like this. The ignition/purple I is common to all the gauges as is the ground/black G and the nav/ blue lights. Then you have fuel/pink S, temp/tan S, volts/purple and oil/lite blue S. Now are there any letters on the gauge that you have in question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no letters i saw tan, pink, blue , purple, there is also a yellow wire
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
I posted the letter after each color. The purple wire will connect to the I or Ign. Terminal. The black G or Grd. term. Tan S or Send term, Pink S or Send term, Lt. Blue S or Send term. The yellow wire isn't part of the engine wiring color codes. Connect all these wires and run engine. Do all gauges function correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. this will take a few minutes
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. there are 7 posts on the back of the gauge labeled 1-7. it is not clear which one goes to the corresponding component
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a Faria gauge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a pic of the gauge and the corresponding wires.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok here is the info you need. The # ***** terminal will be the purple wire which is switched 12 volts. http://faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/IS0092B.pdf This should get you connected. Post back if you have an issue. Thank you......Tan