Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1996 Yamaha proV 150 with low water pick ups. It recently

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Yamaha proV 150 with low water pick ups. It recently overheated so I had the impellor replaced.The impellor that came out really did not look bad and was less than 2 years old. It is still over heateing but at 4500 RPMs it is pulling 28psi and is pumping when over heated. previously this motor and this guage woyuldf peg the guage at 30 PSI and 3000 RPM. The pressure indicated is lower than it hasbgeen all its life. The motor otherwise runs very well. The housing and other parts in the impellor replacement looks OK. What else could be the cause of this.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** whom am I speaking with?
I know this sounds silly... But did you replace the thermostats?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. It looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did receive one.