Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I'm trying to start my wave runner and it will not start I

Customer Question

I'm trying to start my wave runner and it will not start I filled it up with gas and oil and it just cranks but will not start .a person at west marine told me to run water thru the machine and wait until it starts coming out of rear and then try and start it .is that info correct ???
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
The info is actually in almost all cases incorrect as most it will actually cause water intrusion to the engine when water is put in without the engine running. However to confirm this and to further assist I need the year make and model of the pwc please.
Thanks,
Joe