Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

We have a 2005 sx230 and the right engine won't start up. Boat

Customer Question

We have a 2005 sx230 and the right engine won't start up. Boat had been running perfect.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
First is to start with the basics.
Does it crank but not start or does not crank either? This will lead to which way in diagnosis.
For now I will presume it cranks but does not start.
Start by checking basics, spark with in-line spark tester if good try (1 time only) starting fluid in throttle bore and if it starts and dies you know it's a lack of fuel. If starting fluid has no effect pull spark plug and check not damaged and if needing replacement replace at this time. Also next checking compression, you want to start with the basics which are fuel, spark, air and compression. After if needed we can continue.
If I have missed something or the problem is different than my assumption please let me know so i can assist with that info. For example if engine does not even turn over/crank let alone start.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.