Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Ali accidently hooked the main control wires from the boat

Customer Question

Ali accidently hooked the main control wires from the boat and motor to the 24 volt system yesterday. Realized pretty quick my mistake. Melted one ground wires insulation a lil but now I have no gages or trim or starter.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you. Could I get the make, model and serial number of your engine please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a mercury xr6. Not near the boat right now. I have just lost power to the console. It ran yesterday after the battery incident.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
There is a fuse on the engine next to the start solenoid. The fuse will be in a fuse holder.Check that fuse it is most likely blown. Now you may have other issuers. Check the charging of the battery when you get the engine started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will do.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok keep me posted.......Thanks.