Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I just launched my 2008 Mastercraft X 11 and the engine warning

Customer Question

I just launched my 2008 Mastercraft X 11 and the engine warning alarm came on. First time out in it this summer picked it up at the marina they serviced it and said it was ready to go. Oil pressure is over 40 V show 14 engine temperature was around 161 the alarm came on. Any idea on what I should look at first?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.

See if your marina can scan the engine. With the alarm going off,it could be a issue in the tranny that is causing it. That could be overheat, or low oil pressure in it. There could also be a loss of cooling water, and the gauge still read normal, as it cannot read the temp of steam that may be in the cooling system. If it has been more than a year since you had a water pump impeller done, I would start there.