Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Got a 1989 Scarab 111 and we are trying to figure out the toilet

Customer Question

Got a 1989 Scarab 111 and we are trying to figure out the toilet waste water system with no manual? What is the small motor on bk of toilet do and is it on a separate fused circuit and does the system have to be primed by hand before it will draw fresh water from the holding tank? Mashinator pump is working but no power to the motor at bk of toilet? GG
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you.Ok the motor on the rear of the head is a dual function pump. It pumps water from the water tank or the body of water the boat is in and maserates and discharges waste. This system is separate from the holding tank waste pump. You should have a push button near the head. We need to check for voltage to that switch. If no power to the switch we needs to find the power supply to the head. This will usually be a switch or circuit breaker in the main panel. Post back with findings on voltage to the switch for the head.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok this we will check this out and get bk!
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll be available.