Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I recently purchased a new stingray boat 198lx with Volvo in

Customer Question

I recently purchased a new stingray boat 198lx with Volvo in board out board with a fresh water cooling system. The boat arrived this week at the dealership. The salesman is telling me it arrived without the fresh water cooling system as they are having problems with the cadiletic converter in said system. Is the explanation legit or is it more likely he forgot to include it in the order? Either way, is there a fix? I am using it in salt water.
Thank you
Tim ***@******.***
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. They forgot it in the order or the order other wised showed up incorrect.
Did you have any other questions about this or was that your concern?
--Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can they install it here or would they have ship the boat back to the factory? The salesman, given the misrepresentation, doesn't seem to want to deal with correcting the mistake?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
When you say can they install it there do you mean at the dealership, or at your house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealership
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
To be honest I have seen good dealers and bad. If the dealer has good mechanics and if they know what they are doing it should not be a problem. It's all just installation work.
I don't know how you want to leave this but I do want to make sure you are happy with my service so far. Did you have any more questions on this?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I do want to make sure you are happy with the service I am providing to you before you go. Did you have any other questions on the engine or do you think that covers it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome and I was glad I could help.
Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you can not see the ratings box, please reply back "I rate Jasons service as _______" and fill the blank with whatever you deem most appropriate. Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating
If I do not hear back from you I thank you in advance and good luck!
Jason