Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Guys, I think I need someone very familiar with Kawisaki waverunner

Customer Question

Hi guys, I think I need someone very familiar with Kawisaki waverunners. Specifically a 2008 Ultra LX. Top end is gone...throttle opens fully (visually checked carb. linkage etc.) but RPM's stop climbing at 70% of normal and rest of travel in throttle is completely unreactive. Sound is exactly the same. Runs normal otherwise. Have changed plugs, checked airbox for obstructions, fuel pump screen is clear, and getting spark to all cylinders.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
first check the compression on the engine. Make sure that all cylinders are with in 15% of each other. Then test the fuel pressure going to the injectors. It should remain the same as the ski is throttled up.
If you are still getting the same RPM as before but are down on speed, it is the jet pump that you would need to be looking at.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charlie...it took days for a response...i brought it too a shop to work on it. I would like my money returned.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
No problem.