Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 90hp 1996 Mercury Force.........its been great for

Customer Question

I have a 90hp 1996 Mercury Force.........its been great for a number of years, however I can raise my motor but I cant lower the motor. I have changed the relays, gleaned all ground connections.............tried to lower the moter and it worked jiggled the wired behind the replays and it would not lower you can hear the relay clicking but it wont lower the motor. If I go back the next day and hit the button the motor will lower.....really wierd..........any suggestions
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you.Have you tested for voltage to the trim motor when it acts up? These trim relays are bad about connections on the relays. Have you checked all the connections on the socket that the relay plugs into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I replace the power trim motor?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Yes if you are getting voltage to the trim motor and it isn't running.