Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 20 hp Honda outboard it won't start with engine in

Customer Question

I have a 20 hp Honda outboard it won't start with engine in down position have cleaned soake and done every thing to carbarator I could thing of once it starts and warms up it runs fine any suggestions
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you.On the carb is what they call the bystarter # ***** This is what give the engine gas on start up check the bystarter for voltage when cranking. If it has voltage the bystarter is bad or the needle port is clogged. Check for voltage if it has voltage check the pin for movement or blockage in the passage in the carb. You will have to remove the bystarter to check the port. The bystarter should get warm when it is working. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Outboard%20Engine/2005/BF20D5%20LRTA/CARBURETOR%20(AUTO)/parts.html