Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 89 searay with a alpha 1 gen*****serial number

Customer Question

I have a 89 searay with a alpha 1 gen*****serial number oc792232 I am not sure what the rolling torque of the drive shaft bearing should be I did not replace the bearings or take them apart I just replaced the seals any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Which shaft are you calling a drive shaft? There is an upper driveshaft in the upper unit, a lower driveshaft in the lower unit, and lots of folks call the input shaft a driveshaft as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shaft that goes from back of motor into outdrive
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Got it, it input shaft.
You wrote "I am not sure what the rolling torque of the drive shaft bearing should be"
What do you mean by that? Do you need the spec, do you need the procedure, have you read the procedure but just don't understand what it means? How can I best help.