Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have 1997 Wellcraft CCF190. It has not been used for

Customer Question

Hi, I have 1997 Wellcraft CCF190. It has not been used for last couple of years.
I tried to run the engine before going out, but it doesn't crank the engine.
Somehow, when I squeeze the fuel pump, I don't feel the fuel flowing.
What could be the problem?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On-line adviser says that the fuel filter needs to be checked. But I don't know where the fuel filter is located. I have misplaced the owner's manual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is about the Wellcraft fishing boat with 150 HP Evinrude motor.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you.Do this remove the fuel line on the primer bulb engine side. Point that end up squeeze the primer bulb do you get fuel? Could I get the engine model number please? The number will be on the swivel hosing port side. The number will be in the same location as this pic opposite side of the engine. http://www.iboats.com/basics/mercuryserial.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did so, but I didn't get the fuel. I don't see the plate on the engine, but I got the engine model yr 96. Motor ID G04162781. 150 HP from the Title certificate.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok if we have no fuel at the primer bulb we need to check the fitting at the fuel tank. Remove the fitting in the fuel tank where the fuel connects. There will be a check ball push on the check ball is it free or stuck. The next obvious question is there fuel in the fuel tank? I'm sure there is but I have to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pump in 10 gallons this morning. I hope this is enough. Sorry for my ignorance. There are two lines connected to the fuel tank. Remove both fittings?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
We only need to check the fitting for the fuel supply line to the engine. What we can try is get a gas can and a piece of hose stick the hose in the gas can and remove the fuel line on the tank side of the primer bulb connect the fuel line from the gas can to the primer bulb. Now see if the primer bulb will prime up and the engine start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried with a gas can and a piece of hose and the engine fired a couple of times and stopped.
Tried several times, but engine stopped even firing. I see oil floating on the engine cooling water coming out of engine.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you squeeze the primer bulb will it get firm or continue to pump? Check that you have spark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the primer bulb gets firm, but I don't have spark.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok we need to do some trouble shooting of the ignition system. Are you familiar with the components of the ignition system? Do you have an ohm meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I have to go. lets do it tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's fine just let me know when your ready.