Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My name if Lon. We just bought a 1996 smoker craft razor

Customer Question

Hello my name if Lon. We just bought a 1996 smoker craft razor 192 and we are having a heck of a time figuring the live well system on it. We can't keep water in it when running down the water. We put a cap on the black outlet hole that is in the bottom of the well and that didn't help. We would appreciate the help and would love for it to be our own stupidity. Please help and thanks for your time.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
with the drain port plugged, the leak is going to be around any fitting that is in the bottom of the live well. this would allow water to drain back into the bilge of the boat. You will need to remove the nut from the bottom of the fitting, and the hose, remove the fitting from the livewell. Dry it well and the location that it goes back into. get some marine silicone and apply a ring around the flange of the fitting and a ring to the nut. Reinstall everything and the leak should be stopped.