Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Volvo 1245AQ: Volvo Penta 145 raw water pipe from manifold

Customer Question

Volvo Penta 145 raw water pipe from manifold to oil cooler. Put in new rubber gasket (the one with the slit to fit over the flange) and now have water gushing out of connection at oil cooler. It's a bitch to do blind and can barely reach it. How do I make sure the gaskets are properly seated? Is there a trick?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I am not seeing any "slit/split" gaskets anywhere in the entire system. A cut gasket normally would not hold pressure, I'd need to see a picture/part number to confirm. Otherwise you need to confirm none of the parts are bent/warped, no rust/corrosion/build up, and lube the new gaskets with water/water soluble lube before installing.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.