Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

How do I access the mirror panel in the interior bow (cuddy

Customer Question

How do I access the mirror panel in the interior bow (cuddy cabin) section of a 2006 290 Coastal? It appears to open as it has hinges. Is there a locking mechanism that has to be disengaged? And what does it give me access to?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
These are usually hinged at the top and lift up from the bottom. They offer access to the anchor chain locker and bow storage/chain locker.
Do first confirm nothing is preventing it from opening that could cause damage. Push in to see if it comes out if not then you will need to lift and it's most likely either a seized hinge or something jammed. This is also pending no one added/modified it such as an actuator driven by a switch.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.