Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I'm installing an Evinrude E-TEC 130 hp with some kind

Customer Question

I'm installing an Evinrude E-TEC 130 hp with some kind of oil related problem. This is really driving me crazy. The bulb from the oil tank is hard, and I have done the priming process several times. The oil injector seems to work, because I have done the test via PC software. But still after a few seconds of running the engine, the EMM is warning for OVERHEAT/NO OIL, and the PC software is warning for "Oil pressure feedback not detected" code number 38. I got a screenshot if it's possible to upload here...
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Is this a brand new engine, or an older one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a brand new!

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Got it. Are you a dealer? Do you have all of the test harness's to check voltages?

Did you prime the oil system with EvDiagnostics when you hooked up the oil tank to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I'm not an official dealer. I only have the harness for EvDiagnostics.

Yes I did prime after connecting the oil tank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jason,

The oil warning dissapeard after disconnecting and reconnecting the hose to the engine.

So you can close this case.