Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1998 STX 1100 and out of the water I can start it

Customer Question

i have a 1998 STX 1100 and out of the water I can start it and attain 3500-4000 rpm+. When I lower it into the water, I only can get 2700rpm's and a minimal speed (2mph). I've had this ski for over 5yrs now without any issue and it ran fine until today. Any thoughts?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Thanks for the request, first off have you tried anything, I would like to see if I can get you to pull the spark plugs and get a compression reading ?

Also if you can give me the hours on the unit, and if it was stored where ? and was it heated or cold ? and about how long was it before you rode it last ?

Thanks, ***** ***** to step out for a bit (I'm in Southern California)

Kenny