Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I performed all new year maintenance, put the ears on to the

Customer Question

I performed all new year maintenance, put the ears on to the water hose and once started water was leaking on the right side along a seam. 5.0L 2007 Mercruiser motor?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You wrote "put the ears on to the water hose and once started water was leaking on the right side along a seam."

Which seam are you refering to?

If you check the dipstick is there any water in the oil?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no all fluids were fine? It's possible there is a crack, but I felt that there was a molded lip or seam and felt like small bolt heads on the bottom, underside of it below the frost plug..that seam was where the water was coming out? If you are in front of the motor it was on the lower, right side of the motor closer to the bottom third of it running parallel with the ground. Not sure if that is where the manifold joins the motor and it could be a gasket issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way you can hold camera down in there and take a couple of pictures of where you think the leak is? I know it is impossible to get your head down in there. But usually you can hold your arm down there and snap off a few shots.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will be headed home tomorrow where the boat is located and will take and send a few pics. Thanks.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, just reply back once you have a few pictures. When it comes to things like this the more pictures from different angles the better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason do you have a cell number that I can text a video to? It's on my iPhone but I can't seem to get it posted here?Don
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Don. I'm sorry no, I am not permitted to give out personal information. You cant try emailing it to customer service at***@******.*** and they can email it to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I need to figure out how to email the video from my iPhone, but I''ll get it to you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Okay i'll let you know once I receive it.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jason I sent the video on Tuesday to***@******.***?? I'll resend it but you may need to inquire?

Thanks.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'll ask them and see what they say. Thanks.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with them and they didn't have any thing from you, they don't me to advise you to make sure you are using the same email address you created your account with. The email is *****@******.*** if you want to try sending it again.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you with your concern today. I do see that Jason was able to assist you before I came on and today is my first day getting back to customers. Customers that request me I always try to followup with, I would like to offer you an additional service if you are interested based on the fact that you asked about "phone/texting", I just wanted to let you know that I can offer that service to you and then you could simply text the pictures to me if that'd work better for you. I will send over the offer and should you like you can accept that offer to which I will then forward my contact info to you. Please note this is an additional service on top of the question and you are in no way obligated to accept this said offer, again I just wanted to offer it to you since you asked about it.

Thanks and I look forward to assisting you soon!

- Joe