Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I need help putting a head on engine i took apart had a

Customer Question

hi i need help putting a head on engine i took apart had a frozen valve, in cylinder head of a 2007 yamaha jet ski waverunner 4 stroke where can i get instructional help can do if someone shows me.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?
Be careful, did you check to make sure the valves are not bent ? what happens when a valve sticks open the piston can come up and hit it and then actually bend the valves ?
If the valves are bent then make sure that you look at the valve guides in the head to make sure that when the valve bent it didn't crack the guide, this will ruin an engine if it gets put back together and then a piece breaks off while the engine is running.
If you need the procedure for timing the cam I can help you with that ??
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
david sacco here in mass,(###) ###-####yes procedure to put head on,and setup timing chain, piston alignment, then i will be golden,
thanks have manual but need lamans terminology
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
Hey David thanks for getting back, there is a lot to doing a top end on one of these four strokes, Yamaha manuals are pretty poor to says the least, just putting it together is the easy part, its having the history on what to look for when assembling one of these engines.
What part of Mass are you in ?
Kenny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
peabody
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.

I have a friend that has a dealership in North Dartmouth, big watercraft dealer, unless you have done a lot of these engines I would not suggest that you tackle this job, I really think that it would be best, I'm going to opt out on this,

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i understand tdc seems easy enough, once i get top dead center on piston 1, then adjust lifters,. should be good no,.2 yamaha dealers said there too busy ,

it would be great if your friend could help with that, the engine is out and mobile will drive any where for help, how much would he charge for that,

willing to take to him .

i did not fog it and stored in my garage, started up every 3 weeks , last time it did not start, took head off, saw 2 valves stuck open, took off and cleaned with paint thinner slid back in nice, . i should of fogged it, david sacco(###) ###-####thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so if your opt out of this how do i get a refund?