Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 2000 Bayliner capri 1850lx - went to put battery in,

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Bayliner capri 1850lx - went to put battery in, and while attaching it to the black wires (red already attached) there was a slight spark. Once attached - no power. Switched to a new battery - no power. Checked ignition - no power. Transom motor lift has power.
Where is the fuse?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. What motor do you have? Could I get the engine serial number please? The fuse is down on the starter. This is the main power fuse to all the engine accessories. The trim work because it is wired directly to the battery and has it's own fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.3 L mercury mercruiser. Serial numbersticker is missing but engine is stamped GM125552122
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4.3 not 3.3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thuderbolt V ignition
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Here is the starter and the fuse is # ***** this fuse is used on all Mercruiser engines. 79023A91 Here is the link. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercruiser/4.3L%20Alpha%20Bravo%20MPI%20-%20%28262CID%20V6%29/0W650000%20THRU%201A063239/Starter%20Motor/parts.html Post back if you need further assistance. Thank you........Tan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i get to it?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is on the starter you have to be able to get to the starter. Can you follow the battery cable to the starter? If you can reach the cable you should be able to remove the battery cable then the fuse. The white box is the fuse.http://i.imgur.com/xdarqH7.jpg You might have to remove the exhaust manifold to access the fuse.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
In this pic are the 2 nuts you need to remove. Then remove the fuse replace with new fuse. Install the orage and red wire to the top terminal and then attach the fuse to the large terminal of the starter.