Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

We have a 2001 stx di 1100 jetski after sitting this winter

Customer Question

we have a 2001 stx di 1100 jetski after sitting this winter it's not starting. we primed the spark plugs & it starts but once burns off dies. It get fuel in the line but that seems to be it what are your thoughts
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?
Couple of things, when turning the engine over see if you can feel or here the injectors clicking, that are located directly on top of the cylinder head ?
Also the fuel pump is located inside the fuel tank, you need to see if the fuel pump is turning on, when you turn the engine over you sometimes can hear the pump run for about 5 seconds, its designed to do this to bring fuel up to the injectors so they have pressurized fuel at the injectors.
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't hear the injectors
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Did you check for spark at the spark plugs ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we thought it was a cold start sprayed spark plugs,would start up tHan dies
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to try some checks with a multi-meter to try to determine or narrow it down to a certain area ?
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** posted a link below, go ahead and open it and print the page, this will give you some dynamic checks along with static, make sure you write down your results.
Good luck
Kenny
https://www.hightail.com/download/bXBieW4rdzhVbS9sZThUQw