Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 35 hp mek howdo i chang waterpump

Customer Question

i have a 35 hp mek howdo i chang waterpump
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. At the lower unit are 4 nuts on studs #4 & 5 then one over the prop. Remove all the nuts and the lower unit should drop down. Now since the lower unit is bolted to the exhaust housing with studs it will be corroded around these studs which will make it difficult to drop lower. You will have to use some heat around the studs to loosen the corrosion and do some prying. The shift is a spline fit so nothing to do with the shift. Once the lower unit is off remove the water pump housing # ***** nuts # ***** and replace any worn parts. I always do a complete kit. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercury/35%20%282%20CYL.%29/6445653%20THRU%200B110788/GEAR%20HOUSING%20%28DRIVE%20SHAFT%29/parts.html Post back with questions.