Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have 1990 Bass Tracker TX Tornament 17. MyTransom needs to

Customer Question

Have 1990 Bass Tracker TX Tornament 17. MyTransom needs to be rebuilt. The interier wood has rotted out and th engine is buckling the metal do you have any information On how I can make the repair
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. The only way to do this repair is to completely disassemble the transom and replace the wood. Can you post some pics of the damage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Damage is inturnal need assembly detail in order to disassemble transom without distroying the boat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need to replace the wood it is rotted... need to open it up to clean out the rotted pieces and build up a new wood detail.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can't help there this is not something that is posted anywhere. This is just eyeball the situation and disassemble. The only person that going to know those details is someone that has done it before. The most likely people that would know is a dealer. This is going to involve cutting of rivets and then having some welding done after you have it reassembled. These transoms are not designed to be disassembled after the boats are built. So you are going to do some damage. The only other option is to have a metal plate welded to the transom to reinforce the transom. Then you don't have to worry about replacing the rotten wood. I have seen this done more often than having the wood replaced. This involves taking the boat to a aluminum fabricator and having them build the plate and install it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there any assembly drawings (as built) in the files on this model ?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
No never was. This is not something boat manufacturers post anywhere. There is no reason for the manufacturer to post this kind of information as it has no value. Why would they post this info? No boat manufacturer post this kind of info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry mfor the delay. My back ground is in manufacturing and production. Most companies maintain drawings on the products Sorry Tracker Boats must manufature there products as they go? loss one key employee and the line shuts down. Sorry you were unable to help in my problem
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
What would be the purpose for the boat manufacturer to post this information. You could possibly go to Tracker and see if they can get this info for you. But the chances are slim and the boat is 25 years old and it is not likely there will be any info.